Opcije Teme Način Prikaza
Staro 07-06-2007, 16:00
PozzSka PozzSka je odsutan trenutno
Mlađi diskutant

Registriran: Nov 2006
PozzSka je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno In Croatia this August

Zdravo,

I'm going to be in Croatia this summer (honeymoon). Does anyone know of any tambura being played in August? I'll be in Zagreb from approximately 3rd-8th. This is the part of the honey moon that I get to find a tambura majstor and buy a kontra, prim, and celo (if I can afford all three), and then ship them home. (Djuretic (Zgb), Jurkovic (Slav. Br.), any other near Zagreb (Zmegac?)).

Any good restaurants, bars, music stores, anything? let me know.

I'll also be in Dubrovnik approximately from the 8th-20th. Any good tambura majstori near Dubrovnik, or does anyone know if tambura is being played there in August?

If anyone else will be there in August(those of you that live there), I would love to meet any of you, have a shot, or hear your bands play (or all three).

Thanks for any info!

Natanial i Cedomirka (my new wife)

P.S. Any of you Amerikanski need something, I may be able to make an extra stop or purchase along the way, send me a PM. I won't be making it into Serbia, though, sorry.
Staro 07-06-2007, 22:05
circa_flex circa_flex je odsutan trenutno
Diskutant

Registriran: Jan 2007
circa_flex je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno

Well theres a lot of makers in slavonija...it's a bit of a drive from Zagreb but...its worth since you metioned jurkovic. Theres a Zaric in vinkovci hes pretty good I've played some of his basprims. Theres also tatic in osijek I've only played his low end prim but it's pretty decent for the price you pay.

There you go.
P.S. Congratulations!
Staro 08-06-2007, 16:37
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

I've heard of Tatic, but not Zaric, and Hrvoje told me of Jurkovic. A friend in America (2nd brac T-Rroma, for those of you that know him) has a prim, basprim, and kontra from Djuretic (in Zagreb?) and he likes his very much, and I plyaed his kontra, felt nice, sounded good.

So I have Tatic (Osijek 4hours from Zagreb), Zaric (Vinkovci, 3.5 hours from Zagreb), Jurkovic (Slavonski Brod, 3 hours from Zagreb), Djuretic (Zagreb), and Zmegac (Varazdin, 1 hour north of Zagreb).

I'm just trying to get some sort of idea so i know where I am going. I only have 3 days to find tambura and buy and ship them home. And, I could call these majstori and order instruments, but I want to play it first, especially if i'm going to be there.

Hrvoje, where does the man that made your kontra live?

Hvala CircaFlex. If anyone has addresses for these gentlemen, I would appreciate them (PM me if you have them). Hvala opet.
Staro 08-06-2007, 16:41
_maestro_ _maestro_ je odsutan trenutno
Vrlo opaki diskutant

Registriran: Oct 2006
_maestro_ zrači veličanstvenom aurom_maestro_ zrači veličanstvenom aurom 156
Uobičajeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by PozzSka Vidi Post
If anyone has addresses for these gentlemen, I would appreciate them (PM me if you have them). Hvala opet.
http://www.tambura.com.hr/majstori.html
Staro 08-06-2007, 16:49
Hrvoje Hrvoje je odsutan trenutno

Registriran: Dec 2005
Hrvoje će postati slavan vrlo brzoHrvoje će postati slavan vrlo brzo 116
Uobičajeno

Hey, PozzSka! First I would like to congratulate your wife (to be?) and you and wish you all the happinnes in your marriage. I don't know if you are already married or the marriage is yet to take place.

And now about tambura builders... My kontra is made by Mr Brodarić from Popovača (30-40km from Zagreb) but I bought it from Mr Gojmerac (nicknamed Kocka, who is a well-known dealer of tamburas of either Croatian builders or tambura makers from Vojvodina). He occasionally has some real gems for sale and lives in downtown Zagreb (I don't know in which hotel you are staying, but he lives 10 mins by tram away from the Jelačić square).
Staro 11-06-2007, 15:24
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

Hvala Hrvoje!

I don't which hotel I will be staying yet, but I can contact him and get an address and directions.

Popovaca isn't far then. Only 20 minutes or so? I think we'll have a rental car, so getting around should be easy.

I'm getting a pretty good list together here. Hopefully, I will find everything I'm looking for. Thanks everyone.
Staro 12-06-2007, 16:49
thecroat thecroat je odsutan trenutno
Član

Registriran: Mar 2007
thecroat je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno

since the thread is already made..lol..I'll be in Croatia this august..but for Skola Foklora...anyone going to it this summer?
Staro 14-06-2007, 18:55
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

I understand "folklore school" but what does it consist of? I'm not going to do that on my honeymoon, but may be interesting at another time.
Staro 14-06-2007, 19:05
Hrvoje Hrvoje je odsutan trenutno

Registriran: Dec 2005
Hrvoje će postati slavan vrlo brzoHrvoje će postati slavan vrlo brzo 116
Uobičajeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by PozzSka Vidi Post
I understand "folklore school" but what does it consist of? I'm not going to do that on my honeymoon, but may be interesting at another time.

Here's the link, it's only in Croatian, unfortunately - http://www.matis.hr/projekti_opsirnije.php?id=6

It lasts from Aug 14th-25th, you can choose one of the following groups -> dancing, tambura playing or playing traditional instruments... I've never attended any of these seminars, but my friends from the band have and they said it's a lot of fun.
Staro 15-06-2007, 04:29
circa_flex circa_flex je odsutan trenutno
Diskutant

Registriran: Jan 2007
circa_flex je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrvoje Vidi Post
Here's the link, it's only in Croatian, unfortunately - http://www.matis.hr/projekti_opsirnije.php?id=6

It lasts from Aug 14th-25th, you can choose one of the following groups -> dancing, tambura playing or playing traditional instruments... I've never attended any of these seminars, but my friends from the band have and they said it's a lot of fun.
Sinisa is there:P SINISA RULES!!!
Staro 03-07-2007, 16:28
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

Hvala za informacija (so far) everyone.

I have my final intinerary. I will be in Zagreb from the 3rd to the 6th, and then for one more day on the 16th.

i'll be in Dubrovnik from the 6th to the 15th.

If anyone hears or sees any info on tambura being played in either of those cities, please let me know. I appreciate anything you can tell me.

Hvala puno.
Staro 10-07-2007, 17:02
Mlađi diskutant

Uobičajeno

Dates got moved again, so please, if anyone knows of any music being played in Zagreb or Dubrovnik this August please let me know.

Zagreb from 6-10, Dubrovnik from 10-22, and one more night in Zagreb the evening of the 22nd.

Hvala

Opcije Teme
Način Prikaza

Pravila Postanja