Go Back   Forums > forum.tambura.com.hr in English > English subforum

Opcije Teme Način Prikaza
Staro 25-12-2009, 23:42
Djuroslav Djuroslav je odsutan trenutno
Član

Registriran: Nov 2006
Djuroslav je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno Gilg

What is the quality of a 'Gilg' tambura? Especially his kontra/bugarijas. Hvala for a response! And, Merry Christmas (Sretan Bozic)!
Staro 26-12-2009, 11:52
Mata Mata je odsutan trenutno
Diskutant

Registriran: Feb 2007
Mata je na dobrom putu 26
Uobičajeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuroslav Vidi Post
What is the quality of a 'Gilg' tambura? Especially his kontra/bugarijas. Hvala for a response! And, Merry Christmas (Sretan Bozic)!
He is one of the best tambura builder in Croatia! Very careful and precise!

You can see some instruments here.

For aditional info PM user Gilg.
Staro 28-12-2009, 18:20
Djuroslav Djuroslav je odsutan trenutno
Član

Registriran: Nov 2006
Djuroslav je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno

Thank you, VERY much Mata! I appreciate the information that you provided. How do you think Gilg compares with Rajkovich, and other well know majstors? Especially the sound...
Staro 09-01-2010, 15:56
Mata Mata je odsutan trenutno
Diskutant

Registriran: Feb 2007
Mata je na dobrom putu 26
Uobičajeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuroslav Vidi Post
Thank you, VERY much Mata! I appreciate the information that you provided. How do you think Gilg compares with Rajkovich, and other well know majstors? Especially the sound...
New basprim models have a highest quality materials and perfect craftsmanship! My exband-mate Petko has one, and it's very loud and very playable tambura. In my opinion it is better than his Kudlik basprim, but Kudlik has a gypsy soul...hahaha... I didn't tried Rajkovich tamburas, but I heard that they are also great.
Staro 09-02-2010, 03:02
Tarboon Tarboon je odsutan trenutno
Član

Registriran: Jan 2010
Tarboon je na dobrom putu 10
Cool The Gilg E Kontra

Djuroslav: As you know, I recently was in Croatia and purchased the Gilg, E-Kontra. The model was a one-of-a-kind "SP", (special), and was finished while I was visiting there with my wife's relatives. Pictures of my instrument while it was being made appear in some of the uploads on this site. The bug was finished and fine-tuned, and I picked it up on December 24, 2009. The workmanship, action and sound is superb. The Rajkovic is a fine instrument as well, in both looks and sound and from what I can determine, the action is also excellent. Both instruments are superior in quality and workmanship to others built in Europe. The wood on the Rajkovic is constructed differently than on the Gilg and different wood is used. The Gilg tradition of instrument building goes back to 1894, another difference between the two craftsman. Velimir Swirn, the decendant of Gilg compliments the Rajkovic instrument. But, even as gospodin Swirn told me, they never know how one will sound until, it is finished. I had the additional pleasure of meeting Antonio Swirn. With me was my nephew from Zagreb and a friend who has played tambura instruments and guitar professionally for 50 years. He also found the instrument to be Outstanding in quality and sound. The finished bug I am now playing in DTO is no disappointment to me. It is hand made and hand finished of Bosnian spruce, maple, African Ebony and walnut which are the finest woods used in instrument building. As for this particular instrument, the wood was aged over 20 years. The tuning machines are not only beautiful but excellent quality. For the benefit of the other forum participants, I wonder how many know of any other band or orchestra that has both a Gilg and Rajkovic' kontra kicking out rhythm simultaniously like in the DTO? For the one or two people who would detract from the overall quality of these fine instruments, I would suggest that they know little about quality of tambure and the only thing they possess made of wood is their ears. On Je Jako Fino kontra man, ali skupo. But that's normal and well worth it. Bok!

Tarboon

Last edited by Tarboon; 10-02-2010 at 02:26. Razlog: correction

Opcije Teme
Način Prikaza

Pravila Postanja