hayamburuk hayamburuk je odsutan trenutno
Član

Registriran: Jul 2009
hayamburuk je na dobrom putu 10
Uobičajeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.D. Vidi Post
Hello hayamburuk or Zarand ,

first of all i must tell u what kind of tambura exists. From smallest to biggest, we have prim (or bisernica), then brač (or basprim), bugarija (or kontra), čelo and bas (or berda). There is a few other types of tambura but they are most commonly derived from this basic types.

What u have is a tambura called brač (brach, if u wanna pronounced it) also called basprim, in so called pear shape. The other shape is guitar shape, u have it on the picture above. Your tambura's tune is in G i assume, so the first string is G, second D, third A, and fourth E (that would be if it has a 4 string), but it seemes to me that u have three doubled strings so it's G, D, A (can't see it because of blur). This tune system is so called three-voice (or three tone, don't know how to translate it correctly) perfect 4th system. As u can see the intervals between this tones are perfect 4th, and three voice is because all tambura in the system had a three strings, and they were all in pear shape (except bas, bas or berda was in shape like contrabass). This tuning system is also called bački system, by area where it was developed. Bačka is geographical area in far west Serbia (Vojvodina), a part of Hungary, and a part of Croatia, above area called Srijem (i will tell u about Srijem later).

There is also a three-voice perfect 5th system. This system was presented by Pera Ž. Ilić in 1897., but to be honest i've have never seen anyone play in that tune (it doesn't mean that people don't play). The strings on violin are tuned in perfect 5th i assume, so it's more like that.

Most of the people in Croatia play on guitar shaped tambura, the pear shaped basprim are played on some orchestras and in the area around Zagreb (Zagorje, Samobor), but it's less used (maybe it's too hard to say but this pear shaped tambura are kinda abandoned).
Both pear and guitar shaped tambura can be tuned on so called srijemski tuning system, by the area where it was developed. Srijem it's an geographical area between river Bosut on west border of Srijem, river Sava on the south, and river Danube on the north-east of Srijem. Srijem is on the far east of Croatia and far west of Serbia, as a part of wider area called Slavonija in Croatia, and Vojvodina in Serbia. Srijemski tuning system is generally a four voice perfect 4th system with two variations, D-tuned (it was used more in Slavonija, but not so often anymore), and E-tuned (it was and is used in Vojvodina, and now is used in Slavonija as well). E-tuned srijemski tuning system is generally the most used tuning system for tambura today, in Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and and in all other countries over the world (Canada, US, Australia), mostly by emigrants from this area and their children, and people that have family roots in this area.

Pitomača is a place about 25 km far from Virovitica (where I live, it's a town, center of Virovitičko podravska county or district, podravska because it's surounded by river Drava on the north of our district). Pitomača is also very near river Drava, a few kilometers far from it. Once a year, in June, there is a festival called "Pjesme Podravine i Podravlja", more u can see on http://www.pitomacafestival.hr (it's only on croatian language). It's one of most popular festival of tambura music in Croatia, so as u can see Pitomača has a well known reputation in tambura music and tambura in generally.

Slavko and Željko Kos are brothers, they are well known musical instrument masters (or craftsmans) from Pitomača. Mostly they made tambura, but also they made guitars and violins. Their father was Tomo, he also made tambura and teached his sons how to make it too. First Slavko managed their workshop, till his death in 1984., and now Željko manage it. It doesnt work much, he's making a few tambura a year, only if u order one. He also repairs tambura, a whole set of tambura from out orchestra is going to be repaired in a few months.
The man in the picture above is Željko Kos.
On this link he made tambura called prim, the smallest tambura. Actually, there are a two type of that "smallest" tambura, bisernica and prim. Bisernica is "the smalles", narrower, and it is tuned like ur tambura G,D,A,E but it sounds octave above. Prim is a little bit wider than bisernica and it is tuned E,H,F#,C# just a two tone below bisernica. This is most common tuning ways for bisernica and prim, but it also can be in A,E,H,F# (a tone above from described bisernica, E-tuned srijemski tuning system), and form prim can be in D,A,E,H (a tone bellow described prim, D-tuned srijemski tuning system). In generally, most used is prim tuned in E-tuned srijemski tuning system.

http://www.dailymotion.com/tag/Lau%C...sernica_people

Željko, and his family also made guitars and violins, as u can see on this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2WFiG5DzDg

All that is written is in generally, and i've tried to be objectively in writing.
Hope this helps u.

By Anglia do u mean England, UK, right?
Yes, I live in England. Thankyou for all the info: I will explain how I found my instrument and how I tuned it:

I bought it in Subotica, and some of the strings were missing. When I took it home I looked at the nut and bridge, and it is like this (from top string to bottom string) II II I I Double Double Single Single

I didn't know how to tune it, I tried lots but I settled with an octave down from the Prim (which I have) EE HH F# C#

So I should tune it EE AA D G? That would make it hard to play, I think...??

Thankyou for all the information!

Zaránd